NichProductionsNichProductions

Main Art Favorites Reviews Stats

Gangster Bros. 1.1 Gangster Bros. 1.1

Ah, such an old game, yet such a cult classic of Newgrounds...

Graphics: 10/10
The graphics are supposed to nail the same graphics as the classic SNES and it nailed it beautifully! And without recycling Mario Bros game sprites, you went trhough the effort of making your own! Im impressed!

Story: 9/10
The story is a little weird, but nonetheless, its still a story, and yes, i understand this is a parody game. The story is simple. The Duckhunt dog kidnapped the princess, you have to get the princess.

Sounds: 10/10
Those sounds are great to make it sound like a SNES game! You for sure nailed this point!

Gameplay: 8/10
The gameplay is good, Mario/Luigi/Mr.T are easy to control and fun to play as. The jump is accurate, the walking is good... But one problem i had with the gameplay is the rate of fire of the guns. Lets just say that these characters take a little too long to pump a shotgun, which can make it kind of frustrating to miss a shot, because the chance of getting damaged right after is huge.

Enemy AI: 10/10
By far one of the best AI's i've seen. They don't just blindy run into walls, they actually jump obstacles, showing they are indeed enemies that can be a treat for your guest. The challenge is though, but fair.

Final Score: 8.5/10 (4.5 Stars)
Great graphics and sound, great enemy AI, great gameplay, yet, slow rate of fire can make the game a little slow. Yet, it is a great newgrounds classic that will always be loved by all of us.

Madness Accelerant Madness Accelerant

I know once i make this review, its the only review i will ever be able to make about this, so here we go. I will actually review it.

The Gameplay: 9/10
Fluid, simple and responsive, the gameplay is truly something you would want in a sidescroller shooter, and its easy to play without removing much of the challenge. The list of weapons is fair: The MP5, Flamethrower, DEAGLE, Shotgun, Machinegun, P90 and grenade launcher and the chainsaw. I just find it weird how the MP5 pretty much gets forgotten once you pick up a different weapon, but oh well...

Graphics: 9/10
With graphics, i mean the character and weapon models. And i have to say, they look extraordinary in my opinion. I love the way how you put effort to stylize all the characters in such a cartoonish, yet greedy and neat way. The details you put on Hank are the ones that impress me the most. Not only that, i loved how you remade Mag Agent Torture into a more monstrous and detailed way. I would watch a whole series of Madness with this unique art style.

Artificial Intelligence: 7/10
Tricky's artificial intelligence is simply great. He does shows himself as a dangerous and murderous monster when you fight him, SPECIALLY in Madness Mode, where he's faster, stronger and meanier. But then you got the agents... The agents are quite easy to kill and predict. They don't really attack that much, just follow you until they get the chance to either shoot or punch you. Same goes to Mag Agent Torture, since he pretty much aims, waits, waits, waits, waits, pumps the shotgun slowly, THEN finally fires. His spreadshot is way too concentrated, which makes his bullets as easy to dodge one bullet. Still, its not so bad. Its an old game after all. But one thing is for sure, Tricky has an AI that i would see in a boss of a steam-selling game.

Animation: 9/10
The animation is good. Not perfect, but still good. I can see you made each sprite with love and patience, SPECIALLY on Hank. Hank has millions of animation stages, like when you jump and kick, or just jump, he will always have an animation that does feel fluid for me. Same with some of the agents, but they could've more model modifications like Hank does. But i do understand why you did not do it, since, well, Hank is already full of thousands of sprites to animate him. But Torture's animation kinda felt out of place... Just a little outta place, nothing too bad. The only thing that really disappoints me is when you turn the character around and the weapon goes from it's left hand to it's right hand. Basically, the fact that when the characters turn, they literally are just flipped. But i can understand that it would be a little too hard adding the detail of turning and the gun being on the other side.

Music and sounds: 8/10
The music of this game is great, even thought there aren't many. Sometimes it gets a little repetitive to be honest. As for the sounds, i cannot complain. They are great. Each weapon has a distinctive sound that fits it perfectly.

Final Result: 8/10 (4 Stars)
The game is fun, challenging and interesting.
Characters, weapons and backgrounds are beautiful to look at, gameplay is satisfactory and the music is great. It might have it's problems here and there, but its still a great game i recommend for any Madness fan if they want to pass time or simply interact with some great animated artwork.

Extra: I really hope you don't mind, but i took the liberty of try and emulate your sprites, because they're simply wonderful. Don't worry, i plan to credit you in every pic i do with the sprites. This game has been one of my favorites of all times. Thank you if you took time to read this.

Lots of people find this review helpful!